PRS Foundation’s Resonate is a fund and resource that encourages professional orchestras to programme into their repertoire the best pieces of British music from the past 25 years.
A contribution of up to £15,000 is available to orchestras who want to programme and promote a piece of music from the Resonate database, which includes the huge number of works commissioned by UK orchestras. The Resonate database has been created to demonstrate the scope and quality of new music already commissioned by UK orchestras and to enable them to revisit pieces which would strengthen their programming of contemporary British music for orchestras. It can be accessed at http://resonate.abo.org.uk.
Support is available for up to 10 orchestras per year who can demonstrate a commitment to presenting high quality contemporary UK repertoire, which they will promote with the Resonate brand as part of a season, tour and longer-term audience development programme.
Resonate is a partnership between PRS Foundation, the ABO and broadcast partner BBC Radio 3. It aims to inspire more performances, recordings and broadcasts of outstanding UK repertoire, as chosen by UK orchestras, whilst strengthening approaches to programming for the benefit of audiences, composers and players in the UK and overseas. Resonate has received additional financial support from The Foyle Foundation and The Boltini Trust.
For information on eligibility criteria* and how to apply visit http://bit.ly/ResonateABO2018
The orchestras and Resonate pieces to be programmed into their 2019/20 programmes are:
- Aurora Orchestra: Thomas Adès, Violin Concerto 'Concentric Paths'
- London Philharmonic Orchestra: Ryan Wigglesworth, Augenlieder
- City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra: Oliver Knussen, The Way to Castle Yonder - Pot-pourri after the Opera Higglety, Pigglety Pop
- London Symphony Orchestra: Colin Matthews, Violin Concerto
- Dunedin Consort & Scottish Ensemble: James MacMillan, Seven Last Words from the Cross
- Southbank Sinfonia: Anna Meredith, Four Tributes to 4am
- City of London Sinfonia (CLS): Dobrinka Tabakova, Centuries of Meditations
- Ulster Orchestra: Howard Skempton, Lento
- Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra (Ensemble 10/10): Steve Martland, Tiger Dancing and Tansy Davies, Iris
- Birmingham Contemporary Music Group: Shiori Usui, Deep