Essentials of Fundraising in the Arts
Friday, 22 November 2019, 10:00 - 17:00
Association of British Orchestras 32 Rose Street London WC2E 9ET
19 tickets remaining
Non-Member Rate £180.00
SOLT/UK Theatre/ITC Member Rate £140.00
ABO Member £125.00
COURSE TUTOR: Sarah Gee, Managing Partner, Indigo Ltd
This course aims to dispel the mystique of fundraising and show that anyone can fundraise successfully provided they follow some simple rules, enjoy communicating with people, can write well and research thoroughly, and are persistent.
- Fundraising and development staff working in the performing arts, including orchestras, theatres, venues, concert halls etc.
- Those new to fundraising or those looking to refresh their skills in this area
The day will cover the following areas:
- Fundraising strategies and research techniques
- Charitable trusts and foundations
- Individual Giving and Membership schemes, corporate support and events
- How to get the most out of boards and development advisory groups The course includes a 6-month email follow-up service, answering basic questions that have occurred since the course took place.
- Have a working knowledge of the many different ways to raise money
- Know how best to apply that knowledge
- Know how to plan a fundraising strategy,write applications and proposals
- Have a clear understanding of what NOT to do when trying to attract funds
ABO Members, £125 +VAT
SOLT, UK THEATRE and ITC Members, £140 + VAT
Non-Members, £180 + VAT
Cancellations may be made in writing or by email to the ABO (email@example.com) up to two weeks before the course date and refunds may be made at the discretion of the ABO; thereafter the full total is payable. Registrations may be transferred to another name. The ABO reserves the right to cancel at any time without liability and in these circumstances, participants will be offered an alternative date or a full refund of the course fee.