Essentials of Fundraising in the Arts
Wednesday, 17 June 2020, 10:00 - 17:00
32 Rose St, Covent Garden, London WC2E 9ET
29 tickets remaining
ABO Member £125.00
Non-Member Rate £180.00
SOLT/UK Theatre/ITC Member Rate £140.00
This course aims to dispel the mystique of fundraising and show that anyone can fundraise successfully provided they follow some simple rules, enjoy communicating with people, can write well and research thoroughly, and are persistent.
- Fundraising and development staff working in the performing arts, including orchestras, theatres, venues, concert halls etc.
- Those new to fundraising or those looking to refresh their skills in this area.
The day will cover the following areas:
- Fundraising strategies and research techniques
- Charitable trusts and foundations
- Individual Giving and Membership schemes, corporate support and events
- How to get the most out of boards and development advisory groups
The course includes a six-month email follow-up service, answering basic questions that have occurred since the course took place.
At the end of this course you will:
- Have a working knowledge of the many different ways to raise money
- Know how best to apply that knowledge
- Know how to plan a fundraising strategy and write applications and proposals
- Have a clear understanding of what NOT to do when trying to attract funds.
Sarah Gee is co-founder and Managing Partner of Indigo-Ltd. She has worked with scores of theatres, arts centres and music organisations across the UK and overseas, including Sinfonia Cymru, Bolton Octagon, Kings Place, Talawa, Warwick Arts Centre, Leeds College of Music, mac birmingham, Derby Theatre, British Council, and the European Broadcasting Union. She is the Midlands Area Hub lead for the Arts Fundraising Fellowship programme, and regularly both chairs and speaks at arts conferences.
£140+VAT, UK Theatre & SOLT Members, ITC, FST, and ABTT Members
£125+VAT, ABO Members
Cancellations may be made in writing or by email to the ABO (firstname.lastname@example.org) up to two weeks before the course date and refunds may be made at the discretion of the ABO; thereafter the full total is payable. Registrations may be transferred to another name. The ABO reserves the right to cancel at any time without liability and in these circumstances, participants will be offered an alternative date or a full refund of the course fee.