Introduction to Finance
Monday, 2 December 2019, 10:30 - 17:30
Association of British Orchestras 32 Rose Street London WC2E 9ET
- Those new to finance or whose role includes some financial responsibility
- Those working with budgets from assistant to management levels
- Those with some experience of the subject or those looking to refresh their existing skills
Would you like to learn more about finance, how to plan a budget, or simply understand financial processes better? This practical course will cover key issues in financial management and budgeting.
This course is designed as an introduction to finance and will provide you with an understanding of financial information, its relevance and how to use it effectively when making decisions. It will give more confidence to those people who have little or no financial experience.
LEARNING OUTCOMES - AT THE END OF THIS COURSE YOU WILL:
- Understand the financial language of business and recognise the importance of planning, control and decision making
- Know how to prepare a simple budget and better understand financial information
- Gain a better understanding of how your budgets fit into a wider organisational structure
- Feel confident to talk about budgets and understand financial jargon
- Gain a basic understanding of VAT, PAYE and NI
ABO Members, £140 +VAT
Non Members, £180 + VAT
ABO Members can book online by going to the Training & Events section of the UK Theatre website and clicking on the appropriate course to book their place. If you do not already have a UK Theatre login, you will need to register to use the site first and can click here to do this.
Whilst UK Theatre will make every effort possible to run all events (i.e. courses, conferences etc.), we reserve the right to cancel or change any event if necessary. Event information is correct at time of going to press but is subject to change. For the latest information please check our events page. UK Theatre will be unable to reimburse delegates for any financial or other loss incurred as a result of an event cancellation or other change.Back to all courses and seminars