Introduction to Marketing
Friday, 1 July 2022, 10:00 - 17:30
32 Rose St, Covent Garden, London WC2E 9ET
Non-Member Rate £180.00
SOLT/UK Theatre/ITC Member Rate £140.00
ABO Member £125.00
Learn about principles of marketing including planning, targeting, segmentation and relationships. Gain a working knowledge about specific marketing techniques.
"Great for beginners but also a good refresher for anyone who has an understanding of theoretical marketing."
- Those who are expected to 'do' marketing as part of their job, but haven't received any formal training.
- Those who want to get into marketing and for those who are currently doing it and want a better grasp of the bigger picture.
The day will include a number of practical exercises and various case studies. Participants will learn about principles of marketing including planning, targeting and segmentation and relationships. You will also gain a working knowledge about specific marketing techniques including knowing your customer, choosing the right medium for your message and monitoring and evaluation.
At the end of this course you will:
- Have a working knowledge of the four stages of a marketing planning cycle;
- Know how best to apply that knowledge;
- Know how to plan and implement a marketing campaign; and
- Understand the importance of audience development and the benefits it can bring to your organisation.
Melanie Ryan has worked at the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra for 18 years, holding the position of Marketing Manager for much of this time. In May 2014 she took up the new role of CRM & Insight Manager for the CBSO.
Cancellations may be made in writing or by email to the ABO (firstname.lastname@example.org) up to two weeks before the course date and refunds may be made at the discretion of the ABO; thereafter the full total is payable. Registrations may be transferred to another name. The ABO reserves the right to cancel at any time without liability and in these circumstances, participants will be offered an alternative date or a full refund of the course fee.